Bacon Queen Contest 2014
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the Bacon Queen Contest (the “Contest”) is open to legal residents of Iowa who are 21 years or older at the time of entry. Employees and contractors of Des Moines Metromix (“Sponsor”), Gannett Co., Inc., Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival, and each of their respective affiliated companies, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees and contractors, are not eligible to enter or to win.
3. How To Enter. The Contest will begin at noon (C.T.) on Wednesday, January 21, 2014 and end at 12:00 p.m. (C.T.) on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 (the “Contest Period”). Entries will be accepted beginning at 12 noon. (C.T.) on Wednesday, January 8 and ending at 12:00 noon p.m. (C.T.) on Tuesday, January, 21, 2014 (the Entry Period).
During the Entry Period enter online by visiting dmjuice.com/baconqueen, submitting a photo of yourself, completing all required information and following all posted instructions. Your computer must accept cookies, or any successor similar technology, that may be used for the purpose of entry tracking. Ad blocking software on your computer should be disabled so as not to interfere with processing your entry. Online entries must be accompanied by a digital photograph. Each photo submission must be an authentic, original photograph taken by contestant identified on the accompanying entry form, and the contestant must own the copyright in the photograph submitted. All digital entries should be at the highest resolution possible. Sponsor will accept the formats of jpeg or tiff. Photos should be of the contestant being nominated only and should not include any other people. Images must not have been digitally altered in any way other than necessary cropping. Sponsor reserves the right to refuse any photograph that it determines to be unacceptable or inappropriate for viewing by a general audience.
All entries must be received by 12:00 p.m. on Tuesday, January 21, 2014.
Maximum one (1) enter per person.
Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected, or illegible entries, or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned. Contestants acknowledge and agree that Sponsor shall have the right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, publish, promote, broadcast, or otherwise display or use entries in any way it sees fit without limitation or compensation to entrants. By entering you agree to the terms of these Official Rules and to receive e-mails from Sponsor or those directed by Sponsor. You can opt-out of the receipt of such e-mails by following the directions on the Contest website or in any email received from Sponsor.
4. Winner Selection. dmjuice.com visitors will vote for the contestant they think would be the best representative for the 2014 Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival from 12:01 p.m. on Wednesday, January 22, 2013 to 12:00 p.m. on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 (the “Voting Period”). The ten (10) Contestants who receive the highest number of votes at the end of the voting period will be the Finalists. In the event of a tie, the Finalists will be randomly selected from, among the tied entries. The ten (10) Finalists will attend the Bacon Queen Judging on Thursday, January 30, 2014 at Johnny’s Hall of Fame, 302 Court Avenue, Des Moines, Iowa from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. (C.T.). The Finalists will each be asked a series of questions. A panel of qualified judges selected by Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival will judge all answers according to creativity and perceived love for bacon. The Finalist with the highest overall score will be named the Grand Prize Winner. The four (4) Finalists with the next highest scores will be named First Place Winners.and receive a pair of VIP tickets to BRBF 2014. In the event of a tie, the Grand Prize and First Place Winners will be randomly selected from, among the tied entries.
5. Prizes and Odds. One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive the title of “ Bacon Queen” plus
4 VIP Tickets to the BRBF
$150 Von Maur Gift Card
$75 Gift Cert to Johnny’s Hall of Fame
BRBF Goodie Bag
Invitation to Bacon Elegance Dinners and BRBF VIP Sponsor party for 2015 BRBF
Attendance at the Iowa Bacon Bowl on July 19th, 2014
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. The 10 finalists for Blue Ribbon Bacon Fest Queen will be notified on or about Tuesday, January 28 at the telephone number or email address provided on winner’s entry form. Sponsor will call during regular business hours at number provided on entry form and will leave no messages. Failure to reach winner by phone after three (3) attempts or return of prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability certifying that the entrant’s submission is entrant's original work, that entrant owns right to the work, that the submission has not previously won an award or prize in a contest and has not previously been published, and that entrant has complied with the Official Rules of the Contest, and a liability and publicity release which must be returned as instructed by Sponsor. Failure to complete, sign and return the affidavit or release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner’s consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
7. Participation. By participating, contestants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries, poor quality photos, or for failure to received entries or votes or other electronic communications due to transmission failure or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest.
8. Copyright. By entering the Contest, each contestant grants to Sponsor an exclusive, royalty-free and irrevocable right and license to publish, print, edit or otherwise use the contestant’s submitted entry, in whole or in part, for any purpose and in any manner or media (including, without limitation, the Internet) throughout the world in perpetuity, and to license others to do so, all without limitation or further compensation. Each contestant further agrees that if his/her entry is selected by Sponsor as the winning entry, he/she will sign any additional license or release that Sponsors may require, and will not publicly perform or display his or her submission without the express permission of Sponsors.
9. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
10. Sponsor. The Bacon Queen Contest is sponsored by Juice Magazine. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Contest. For a list of winners (available after Monday, February 17, 2014) or a copy of these Official Rules, visit dmjuice.com/baconqueen or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Winners List/Official Rules” (as applicable), Bacon Queen Contest, The Des Moines Register400 Locust, Ste. 500, , Des Moines, IA 50309. If you have any questions regarding this Contest, please contact Jonnie Nordaker at 515-284-8262 or email@example.com